Flinders University and the Adelaide Primary Health Network are investing in transformative doctorate research that has the potential to improve health and save lives (PHN). Benefit from a tax-free scholarship of up to $35,000 over the course of 3.5 years (2022 full-time rate, updated annually). Make effective use of your research abilities throughout your internship at the Adelaide Primary Health Network.
Flinders University and Adelaide Primary Health Network (APHN) are now offering a PhD Enterprise Fellowship to fund innovative research into the Care Finder Program, which prioritizes needs assessment and the integration of care for the elderly. The Caring Futures Institute and the Adelaide Primary Health Network (PHN) have teamed up to conduct this study, which will improve the PHN’s local needs assessment for vulnerable seniors.
The Adelaide Primary Health Network (PHN) is a forward-thinking and highly regarded group with a mission to enhance the quality of life for Adelaide residents by enhancing access to and satisfaction with basic health care. This group contributes vast expert knowledge to the project. In order to better meet the needs of the people, the Adelaide Primary Health Network (PHN) is tasked with collaborating with the greater Adelaide community and drawing on the knowledge and experience of primary health care providers.
Flinders Caring Futures Institute has complementary research capabilities in approaches to comprehensively understanding the needs of vulnerable older people in the community, and is similarly committed to improving older people’s health outcomes and their experiences of accessing and receiving care. Together, we are tackling this challenging study topic in the hopes of generating fresh perspectives on it.
The following are the stages of this ground-breaking undertaking:
- Integration of services for the elderly through the use of implementation science and established methods.
- To optimize the results of commissioning the care finding program, which aims to improve the integration of the health care and aged care systems, the Adelaide Primary Health Network is providing assistance with the needs assessment of vulnerable older persons at the local level.
- The PhD Enterprise Fellowship requires the recipient to commit to and complete a minimum 60 full-time equivalent internship days within the first 18 months of PhD candidacy. This internship will allow you to become an integral member of the industry partner team while expanding your professional network and learning how a service-oriented or market-leading company conducts its research on a daily basis.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Flinders University is a model of the progressive, student- and alumni-centered university that has come to characterize higher education in the twenty-first century. Students at Flinders are encouraged to “seize the day” whenever an opportunity presents itself. Everything you need for success in your studies is available right here on campus. When put up against other highly rated universities, Flinders University holds its own. Recognized as one of the top 2% of universities throughout the world. The student body at Flinders University shares your commitment to education and your insatiable appetite for knowledge, and the university itself boasts state-of-the-art facilities. To think outside the box, you need to be open-minded, imaginative, and proactive. The achievements of Flinders University are compared against the outcomes of your research. We are incredibly honored to have been named Australia’s best place to work for fresh college graduates.
The academic world holds our degrees in high regard, and our graduates have many opportunities for professional development, such as internships, practicums, and mentorships. Times Higher Education has ranked Flinders University number 271 worldwide and number 43 in the Asia/Pacific region (THE World University Rankings 2020). As we grow, we hope to have an even greater positive impact by deepening our ties to the neighborhood and encouraging worldwide collaboration in fields like research and education.
Flinders University awards degrees that consistently place high in international rankings. As graduates, these individuals appear to have bright futures. Many well-known businesses have deep roots at Flinders University, including CISCO and BAE Systems. Interning at one of these organizations is a great opportunity to obtain practical experience in the workplace and insight into innovative business practices. Central Adelaide is home to Flinders University’s primary campus. Location: Greater Bedford Park neighborhood. Modern design and a prime spot in the middle of town make it easy to get to the financial district, the city’s best shopping, and the beautiful shoreline. This budget takes into account the total price tag, including the Student Hub and Plaza. This mixed-use complex will house a variety of establishments, including classrooms, stores, restaurants, and a bar. Flinders Village is positioned to become a dynamic urban hub due in large part to its state-of-the-art research facilities, exciting cultural events, and one-of-a-kind retail stores. The availability of resources has a direct bearing on student performance, hence Flinders University goes to great lengths to ensure that its students have access to everything they might possible need.
Flinders University and the city of Adelaide both offer events and services to help overseas students acclimate to life in Australia. Starting with their arrival and continuing through graduation, we offer a full spectrum of support services for our international students. Ninety percent or so of our non-American students are pleased with their experience here. In 2020, as part of the Flinders Village project, a new train line and station will be built, which will be convenient for patients of our academic medical center, Flinders Medical Centre. The average daily commute time into the city center for locals, students, and workers will be cut by 22 minutes. This will end up saving you a ton of money and effort in the long run. The main campus of Flinders University is located in Bedford Park, which is about 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s downtown. From here, you can really see how beautiful the harbor and city are.
There is state-of-the-art architecture, and the surrounding area is picture perfect with a lake and native Australian vegetation. Bedford Park, where Flinders University is situated, is both a beautiful and practical place. Popular opinion holds that Adelaide is a first-rate metropolis that won’t drain your money account. The city’s closeness to illustrious wine-making regions, its availability of green space, its wide range of exceptional culinary options, and its distinctive metropolitan culture all play a role (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders University is committed to creating an atmosphere where each student can reach his or her full intellectual and personal potential through a challenging and supportive educational experience.
Our team is committed to bettering many elements of student life at Flinders University. Flinders University provides a wide variety of services to help its students succeed, including financial aid, counseling for major selection and financial planning, and a wide range of extracurricular opportunities. The New Flinders Rail Station, which will link the main campus to the Tonsley innovation zone and the centre of Adelaide, will open in 2020. Flinders Village has been undergoing construction for the past year, and with that has come an influx of new companies to the already thriving downtown area.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $28,854
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- This PhD Entrepreneurship Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Up to three and a half years of tax-free earnings of up to $28,854 per year (2022 full-time rate, adjusted annually)
- Access to the experience of both academia and industry through collaborative supervision
- An encouraging atmosphere in which to acquire cutting-edge research techniques and develop into an authority in your field
- The possibility of managing a difficult research project and coming up with creative solutions to difficult problems
- A forum for collaborative research in which you can improve your abilities and expand your professional network in order to advance your research career.
is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You will need to meet the following requirements to be considered for a PhD Entrepreneurship Scholarship:
- to be an Australian citizen, a citizen of New Zealand, an Australian permanent resident, or to have, or be eligible to apply for, a relevant international visa; to meet the requirements for admission to the PhD program at Flinders University, which include having an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or an equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), or evidence of equivalent research experience, such as refereed publications or significant experience as a lead researcher; and to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in
- The recipients of scholarships are required to begin their studies as quickly as is practically possible within a timeframe that has been determined by the Office of Graduate Research in consultation with the industry partner. This timeframe may not exceed three months from the date the scholarship was accepted. It is possible for this time period to be extended to six months if certain conditions are met, including agreement from both the University and the industry partner.
- Any other eligibility criteria relevant to the industrial partner or research project (for example, having a National Police Criminal History Check or being able to apply for one) It is preferable for applicants to also have:
- A high level of verbal communication and the ability to organize one’s thoughts and activities
- A history in the medical field
The Flinders University 2023 PhD Enterprise Scholarship: Healthy Ageing and Primary Care is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- To apply for the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship, fill out the application form that is attached to this post and send it, along with any supporting evidence, to Professor Stacey George by email at the following address: [emailprotected]
- Please get in touch with Professor Stacey George through email at [emailprotected] if you would like more information regarding this interesting scholarship opportunity.
- It is important to remember that in order to earn the scholarship, prospective scholarship applicants must also submit an application to Flinders University for HDR candidacy and be accepted to the program there.
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 PhD Enterprise Scholarship: Healthy Ageing and Primary Care is April 24, 2023.